How do I pair Limpet with my phone?
Simply download the Geotekk app and follow the on-screen instructions.
What if I get a new phone?
You’ll be able to re-pair Limpet with your new phone via your user account.
Can I use my Limpet in conjunction with other locks?
Yes, absolutely! We recommend using Limpet with other security measures where possible. Creating layers of security is the best way to protect your valuables.
Can I use my Limpet with other Geotekk attachments?
Yes. All Geotekk attachments feature the bespoke mounting surface.
Can I use my Limpet for other valuables?
Yes. Your Limpet will be provided with a universal base plate attachment which can be bolted, screwed or glued in to place. Our bespoke attachments will provide asset-specific mounting solutions.
What arming criteria can I set?
- Accelerometer – this is an impact sensor, and you’ll be able to set the sensitivity level.
- Geofence – this is a GPS perimeter trigger. If your Limpet moves more than a certain distance, that you choose, the device will be triggered.
How do I attach my base plate?
Prepare the surface where you’d like to position the base plate, as well as the back of the base plate itself. Ensure the surface is clean, dry, free of dust and debris etc. An alcohol based cleaner is recommended.
– apply the glue to the back of the base plate, ensuring all areas are covered. Place the base plate in the desired position and apply pressure for the recommended time. Leave the glue to harden and fully set before attaching and using your Limpet. *Ensure you use an appropriate glue, suitable for gluing polycarbonate to the surface required. Always follow the glue manufacturers instructions.*
– use the 3 x screw holes in the base plate (these holes are the largest hexagonal holes). If the material you are screwing into may split, drill pilot holes for the screws before screwing the base plate in to place.
– use the 3 x bolt holes (these holes are the largest hexagonal holes). Mark the first bolt hole position and drill a your hole, of equivalent size to the bolt, through the material you are attaching it to. Insert the bolt through the base plate and through the drilled hole. Tighten the nut at the back of the bolt. Then proceed to mark and drill the other 2 x holes, insert the bolts and tighten.
How do I attach my Limpet?
All of Limpet’s attachments feature its universal mounting surface. Secure Limpet by pushing the 3 x bayonet locking arms underneath Limpet into the 3 x locking channels on the mounting surface of the attachment. Twist clockwise until the solenoid pin engages, locking Limpet in place.
How do I remove my Limpet?
Use the app to remove Limpet. Bluetooth will be used to talk to Limpet and disengage the solenoid locking pin, so make sure you are close to the device and in Bluetooth range. Simply hit ‘Unlock’, and when the solenoid locking pin retracts, you’ll be able to twist Limpet anti-clockwise and remove it. The solenoid will retract for 2 seconds.
How to install my seat clamp?
Limpet’s seat clamp replaces your existing seat clamp, incorporating the bespoke mounting surface. Simply remove your existing seat clamp, switch it with Limpet’s bespoke clamp, and tighten with an allen key to set your desired saddle height.
Secure Limpet by pushing the 3 x bayonet locking arms underneath Limpet into the 3 x locking channels on the mounting surface of the attachment. Twist clockwise until the solenoid pin engages, locking Limpet in place. Once Limpet is locked on, thieves can't get to the allen key adjustment in order to release the seat post.
How to attach my throttle lock and Limpet?
1) Open the two sides of the throttle lock and place around the brake lever (hinge pin end) and throttle grip (GTK badge end).
2) Place the brake lever in the desired position, either locked on, or off. *Recommended not to leave brake locked on for long periods to avoid hydraulics seizing*
3) Close the two sides of the throttle lock.
4) Firmly holding the throttle lock closed, secure Limpet by pushing the 3 x bayonet locking arms underneath Limpet into the 3 x locking channels on the mounting surface of the attachment. Twist clockwise until the solenoid pin engages, locking Limpet in place.
How do I charge Limpet’s lithium-ion battery?
Simply plug your micro-USB charging cable into the charging port on the side of Limpet and charge from a power source e.g. laptop or mains plug adaptor. *Charging cable provided.
How long does a full battery charge take?
A full charge should take 2 – 3 hours. Your app will tell you how much charge is in Limpet. You will also get notifications if your lithium battery is running low.
What if my Limpet runs out of battery?
You will get notifications prior to your battery running flat, but if Limpet’s lithium battery does become flat, it can easily be charged by plugging a micro-USB charger into the device, like the one provided with Limpet.
What is the expected battery life?
Battery life will be dependent on how much you use Limpet. For example, if you are using the rear light feature, the battery will run down faster than if the device is just armed. But on standby, Limpet should last 30 days. Battery performance will reduce over time.
How much is my yearly network subscription?
Your network subscription will be £39.99 per annum (less than £3.50 per month), paid with one annual payment.
When is my subscription due?
You’ll need to pay your subscription before you can use Limpet and this will form part of the setup process. The renewal payment will be due exactly one year later; you’ll be reminded before your subscription runs out via the app and email you provide. We recommend selecting ‘Auto-renew’ to ensure your subscription doesn’t run out and automatically renews.
How do I pay my subscription?
You can manage your account, including payment, through the app, or by logging in to your account online at geotekk.com.
How does Limpet use data?
At close-range, Limpet and your app will communicate via Bluetooth. This will use no data.
At long-range, your data allowance, included in your subscription, will be utilised to communicate with Limpet. If your arming criteria is breached, in the event of an attempted theft for example, an SMS will immediately be sent from Limpet’s cloud server to your phone. SMS communication will utilise your SMS allowance, also included in your subscription.
Once armed, Limpet will use a small amount of data to monitor its GPS positioning.
Does Limpet have Bluetooth?
Yes. At close-range, and with appropriate clear line-of-sight, Bluetooth will provide the communication medium to keep Limpet connected to your phone.
What if my phone and/or my Limpet doesn’t have GSM mobile signal?
At Long-range, Limpet, like your mobile phone, requires adequate GSM signal. Provided Limpet and your phone have GSM signal, the connection will enable real-time alerts. In the event where either Limpet and/or your mobile phone doesn’t have GSM signal, any attempted communication will be stored on the device or the Geotekk cloud, and transmitted at the earliest opportunity once signal is restored.
If I have no signal on my phone, will Limpet’s alarm and strobe still go off?
Yes. In the event that Limpet’s arming criteria is compromised, the alarm and strobes will be activated to draw maximum attention, regardless of GSM signal.
In what countries can my Limpet access a mobile network?
Limpet will be able to access a mobile network in many countries across the world – SEE FULL COVERAGE LIST